Thursday, October 11, 2007

Carb-o-licious wedding food

Mrs. Strawberry over at Weddingbee posted about the mashed potato martini bar she had at her wedding...yum! This is such a great idea if you are having food stations, and I'm sure it will be a hit with your guests.

Guests are served mashed potatoes in martini glasses, and can top them a selection of goodies, like cheeses, bacon, chives. . .you could certainly get creative here. Dress it up a little bit by serving different kinds of potatoes. Sweet, blue or purple potatoes will not only add taste variety to the mix, but some serious color as well!

I wish I could do my own wedding over again just so I could have mashed potato bar! Seriously, "mashers," as I like to call them, are my favorite, favorite food. I really made out at events during the height of the Atkins craze. . .the girl sitting next to me never wanted her potatoes, and I was more than happy to trade some broccoli!

(In case you can't tell, the potatoes excite me. Hence the overuse of exclamation points in this post.)

Image from Idaho Potato Commission

No comments: